The Boston Hockey Academy is designed to maximize a student's time for academic success and also using development methods that will maximize their hockey performance.
7:30 – 8:25 am Optional Academic Clubs/Off Ice Training (at Matignon)
8:30 – 2:20 pm Classes (Matignon High School follows a rotating module schedule)
2:30 pm Shuttle to Somerville Rink
(As of January 8, 2020 - Subject to change)
Boston Hockey Academy
Open House and Evaluation Skates
Ages: Elite 2002-2006 Birth Years
- (Three Game Minimum) Friday Night-Sunday Morning
- NHL and NCAA Coaches Evaluating
- Individual Player Meetings after last game of the weekend.
Boston Hockey Academy at Matignon is built on 3 objectives: Development, Exposure, and Advancement. To meet these objectives, we provide a rich training curriculum with experienced staff to help your child achieve their goals.
Highlights of the Boston Hockey Academy at Matignon include:
- USA Hockey Sanctioned Midget Tier 1 AAA and US/Canadian Prep Levels
- Individual Development Plan with mid-season and year-end reporting
- 50+ game schedule at National showcases vs. teams such as Mount St. Charles, Selects Academy, Shattuck St. Marys, Honeybaked, Little Ceasars, Buffalo Jr. Sabres, etc.
- 5+ hours of ice per week, which will include practices, skills development and games
- Home rink features two ice surfaces – one full sheet and another 150’ x 50’ skills rink (in conjunction with the USA Hockey model)
- Each team has their own private locker room
- Weekly sessions with a highly specialized skills and skating coach
- Off-ice training and nutritional education lead by a certified personal trainer
- Two designated weight rooms: one at the school and another at the rink to maximize workout schedules
- Transportation to the rink, along with billeting options
- Additional services include Family Advising, Total Pro Evaluation Scouting Reports, and access to a sports psychologist
We partnered with Matignon High School as the perfect match for the Boston Imperials Hockey Academy. Not only does Matignon have a rich hockey tradition, it has an academic model which is relevant to what today's students need to succeed in life.
- 11:1 student teacher ratio
- 99% of students pursue post-secondary education
- College Preparatory Curriculum with a wide selection of Advanced Placement offerings in English, Biology, Physics, Calculus, French, Latin, Psychology, Spanish, U.S. History and World History
- Experiential learning model designed to give students real hands-on experience
- Father Matignon Honors Program created to academically challenge students with unique academic skills
- Partnerships with local colleges such as Harvard University, Northeastern, Boston College, MIT and Emmanuel College
- To learn more, visit the Matignon website
Culture & Values
The Boston Imperials Hockey Academy along with Matignon High School are founded on these core values:
- Bridging athletics and academics with social development
- Respect for one’s self and others
- Personal accountability
- Service to others and community
As a college preparatory school serving a diverse student population, Matignon High School is dedicated to educating the whole person spiritually, academically, and socially so as to inspire compassionate and confident advocates for the greater good.
The Boston Imperials Hockey Academy believe these core values and service to others is critical for developing well-rounded student athletes for life beyond the game.
Fill out an info request form
Schedule a Visit
Book an appointment or call us to schedule one
Fill out the online application